Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 91 (Who?), Viewed: 18863 times.
Page 4 of 4
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 26th May 2018 at 3:49 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 26th May 2018 at 10:31 AM.
Great to see a new version come out and that you are considering my sabotage / fiddle idea. I have had the self fixing short circuit again. I fixed a broken light bulb and it seem to fix it, so either 1. There is some hidden bug somewhere or 2. The lights are considered appliances. I'd love to continue the grammar checking for you, but when you get around to translation, PM Elddie on MTS. They translated my mod to Brazilian Portuguese.

EDIT: Just seen one of my scenarios show up. So pleased that they have been added.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
just a girl
Original Poster
#77 Old 26th May 2018 at 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BkajnlConcepts
Great to see a new version come out and that you are considering my sabotage / fiddle idea. I have had the self fixing short circuit again. I fixed a broken light bulb and it seem to fix it, so either 1. There is some hidden bug somewhere or 2. The lights are considered appliances. I'd love to continue the grammar checking for you, but when you get around to translation, PM Elddie on MTS. They translated my mod to Brazilian Portuguese.

I've just added debug notifications to the short circuit event and re-uploaded the file. Get it from my post #75. Next time there is a short, the mod will let you know the object. Please let me know about anything worth noting about the issue.

As for translation, I think I'll let people PM me instead, if they're interested in the electrical box.

ETA.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 27th May 2018 at 1:42 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 27th May 2018 at 2:08 AM.
Alright, thank you for that. I received an error yesterday to do with the electric box, it is under the spoiler. Will report anything back once I get a self fixing circuit again.

Edit: Have not been able to replicate it. I do think that DEBUG message should stay in the final release when something breaks as I often have many devices. Maybe just without the DEBUG info.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Forum Resident
#79 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:51 AM Last edited by Sketching : 29th May 2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Hey, Lamare. Thanks for the update - that's quite a big one! I'll let you know if I find anything else.

For the issue with non-functional lights:

Were the lamps inside apartment or in common area?
Both. In some instances, it was either area that was affected, and it was both in other occurrences. Sometimes I only realized that the lights were back on because the common area was lit yet not my own apartment or vice-versa.

Were you playing with testing cheats on right before the issue came up?
Yes, actually.

Were you able to click on the lamps? what options were available?
I had the option to turn the lights on and off but they didn't work, so I had to force reset them to get them working again.

I attached a screenshot below for the toddler waking up. I currently don't have any for the sims waking up to laugh at the lights because they fast forward and propel themselves off the bed to perform the action, like how toddlers screaming in the cribs will "fast forward" when the "cry at turned off lights" action pops into their queue. I say fast forward but it's more that the actions are sped up by the game without time actually moving forward - in unmodded games, it's similar to how woohooing sims will swiftly get off the bed to be slapped by their furious partners for cheating.
just a girl
Original Poster
#80 Old 27th May 2018 at 11:49 AM Last edited by Lamare : 27th May 2018 at 1:54 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BkajnlConcepts
Edit: Have not been able to replicate it. I do think that DEBUG message should stay in the final release when something breaks as I often have many devices. Maybe just without the DEBUG info.

I actually like having to find the broken device (but don't worry, I have an idea)
Thanks for the error log, I'll deal with it as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Hey, Lamare. Thanks for the update - that's quite a big one! I'll let you know if I find anything else.

For the issue with non-functional lights:

On your previous screenshot for this problem, I can see that the lams are not custom or at least not all of them are custom. And since you've played with testing cheats on, no functions have been aborted, otherwise you'd have seen an error. Hmm. Could you please post an error log of one of the forced errors on a non-working lamps, if it's not too troublesome? By looking at lamp's data, I might be able to figure out what's going wrong.
The waking up thing is still a mystery, too. The mod should ignore sleeping sims and they should be considered sleeping when in their beds, unless they're being caught the second before they fall asleep. But it seems like it happens too often in your game. Maybe I should make the mod ignore sims interacting with beds...
UPD haha, turns out, I've already done that for beds, hot tubs and vehicles, but not for pet beds. Totally forgot to document it. I'll include pet beds in the next version.

Thank you both for helping me make this mod better
Forum Resident
#81 Old 28th May 2018 at 8:06 AM Last edited by Sketching : 29th May 2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Hey again, Lamare. You're right - none of the lots with the non-functioning lamps had any custom lights. Here's an error log for one of those lamps:

I have another note as well. Last time, there was a pop-up for -1 hours until power restoration. Just now, there was a pop-up for 127 hours until power restoration even though the power was back on (same scenario as the -1 hours, just a different number). I'll attach the screenshot below, but wow, it sure startled me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Thank you both for helping me make this mod better

No problem, Lamare, and thank you for this wonderful mod too! I'll pop back in if I find anything else.
just a girl
Original Poster
#82 Old 28th May 2018 at 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
I have another note as well. Last time, there was a pop-up for -1 hours until power restoration. Just now, there was a pop-up for 127 hours until power restoration even though the power was back on (same scenario as the -1 hours, just a different number). I'll attach the screenshot below, but wow, it sure startled me.

Was it the first time you loaded the lot after the file update? If that's the case, the 127 hours might be an artifact from previous version. Some changes require us to buy a new object to take full effect. Hopefully this is what happened
Thanks for the log. It gave me a hint about where to look.
Forum Resident
#83 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:18 AM
It was the second time the lot was loaded, but hopefully it's just an artifact. I'll let you know if it pops up again.

And no problem about the error log. I should've remembered to include it earlier, but I hope it's useful.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#84 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:14 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:16 AM.
Seeing another upload of yours, the lit up signs reminded me of this one so I came to check out if it was still in testing. Since my game is now working -hoary-and there is a new file I will grab that and check it out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:13 PM
Love your electric box! Just a minor thing I've noticed: the pie menu strings aren't in title case style and that isn't consistent with other pie menus in the game, can you fix it?
just a girl
Original Poster
#86 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:59 PM
joandsarah77, simshout, thank you.

I'll fix the menus. Consistency is good.

There's going to be another update. I added a few things and hopefully fixed all the issues (and introduced new ones for sure :D). As soon as I test it, it'll be up here.
Needs Coffee
#87 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:55 PM
Can you tell me where it is and the price because with all my cc I can't find it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
just a girl
Original Poster
#88 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 2:52 PM
Misc. electronics, $50. I may have changed the price since last version, I'm not sure. I'm debating if I should make it zero for convenience sake.
Needs Coffee
#89 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:21 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 7th Jul 2018 at 9:52 AM.
Thanks, lets hope it is there as I did look through electronics.

0 would make it easier to find.

Edit: I only seem to have the electricity box from the last upload?

Also, do you have a post on how to use it? What should happen now that I have clicked induce short circuit? It said cheat waiting then went away.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
DELETED POST
7th Jul 2018 at 12:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Essa. Reason: Irrelevant. Sorry.
just a girl
Original Poster
#90 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Edit: I only seem to have the electricity box from the last upload?

Also, do you have a post on how to use it? What should happen now that I have clicked induce short circuit? It said cheat waiting then went away.

The most current description of electric box and generator is in post #43 (under spoilers): http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...64&postcount=43
The three other related mods are in post #40: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...40&postcount=40
But you know what? I was planning to update the files and descriptions some time this weekend, so maybe you'd want to wait for that. I changed some logic a bit, e.g. the generator will power objects individually as opposed to the whole lot (I also made a bike generator as someone has suggested ). The electrical box will have changes as well. I wouldn't want to have you waste your time on the version that will get old in a few days.
To answer your question about short circuit. After you induce it, something will break and cause problems with the power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
I was eager to try this mod (electrical box and generator).
Unfortunately when I ran the HCDU to check for conflict, I got "the application is not responding".

With your files in, HCDU isn't working. Without your files, HCDU works fine.

Then I ran a test with both files in my current DL folder (6 Gb) and one with your files only. In both cases, HCDU is not responding.
I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

Wow, that's weird. I've never had such a thing happening with HCDU. I've checked right now with compressed and not compressed files, old and new. The program scans folders and works fine. Googling gets me nowhere so far.
Needs Coffee
#91 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 1:04 AM
I'll wait. Also reading the description. Will the new electric box overwrite the one I have or should I uninstall it? The thing is I didn't figure out what it had done. After trying the first option I sent him to cook but the stove worked-so it could have been some other appliance? I then tried the light one and all the lights worked so I wasn't sure if it worked or maybe it was upstairs. It could have been clashing with something, I'll run the HCUD.

Hmm mine isn't running either, but I often have trouble with it due to how many mods I have I think. I tried 3 times and it went non-responsive 3 times.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#92 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Essa : 9th Jul 2018 at 7:27 AM.
@Lamare
After further investigation, I noticed that the files were incomplete after download. They were 1 Kb only. That's why HCDU wasn't responding.
I had to download the files again, checked if they were complete in DL folder. Then HCDU worked like a charm.

I played with yours mods (mostly the electrical box) in my hoods (test hood and current hood).
Sounds great so far.
I love the scenarii (several power outages and one broken content).
I play with a lighting mod so things are more tricky at night. I love it.

One downside :I have a two CC candles in my game but I guess they're cloned after the lights. They don't work during power outage.
I can live with it though since I need to trim my DL folder.

My farming family will be in great trouble when I'll be back to my game. They'll be unable to pay their bills. *evil grin*
Page 4 of 4